Sunday, September 23, 2012

How-To, Part One

I have been asked, not so much how to put a puzzle together, but if I do any organizing or anything.  I do, so I thought I'd show you guys with this big puzzle.

I always do the edge pieces (I call it the 'frame') first.

Photobucket

While I'm looking for the edge pieces, I lay most of the others out, right side up, some spread out and some in little piles.

Photobucket

Then I pick a part of the puzzle, near the edge, with a distinct, easy to find color.  For this puzzle, I chose the dark green of the lettuce on the burger.  I spread out all the pieces, and turn the last over if there are any left, and I pick out and put those pieces together as I go, so I don't get bored.

Photobucket

And then it all looks like this:

Photobucket

The frame all together, the pieces all face up, and the puzzle off to a bit of a start.  I'm very lucky to have an unused table big enough for this.  Part Two tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment